Valley High School
Steve Edwards returns OCTOBER 24th!
- Have teachers develop a new matrix
- Have peer review…. Important!
- Use that matrix in class….weave in some of the skills they are doing …be able to defend your matrix – why / how you used it, Its DOK levels, the how you assessed it & its success rate.
Leadership team- all of the above PLUS;
- Bring in some assessment we individually have designed & used for our kids
- It can be homework, quiz, etc -bring student work with you
- THIS ASSESSMENT SHOULD USE HIGH DOK QUESTIONS
- We will peer review it next time Steve is here…..
- Be able to tell WHY you gave that assessment & defend your DOKs
Everything has a purpose…do not reinvent things…make it purposeful We will be modeling a ten minute meeting soon
DOK DOK DOK DOK DOK DOK DOK DOK DOK DOK DOK DOK
DOK 1. Recall–Remember developmental level
DOK 2 multiple steps, one answer, cognitive decision
DOK 3. Justify, some collaboration, abstract, real world, interdisciplinary, more than one answer, multiple approaches
Do not confine a student’s way to show mastery
Continuous Improvement Cycle
- Instruct & Assessment
- Analyze data