EDWARDS FRAMING YOUR SUCCESS
A performance task is an experience created for students to demonstrate their learning. It demonstrates the foundation that you have laid for the learning process, as shown in their examples.
|DOK 4 Criteria
- Performance tasks are Key in the higher order DOK 3-4
- DOK 4 is “real world application” (application is a skill)
- The nature of a DOK 4 activity calls for a PBL -project based learning
- Take more time
- Product is important and different
- Teacher is facilitator…roles change as the student does the work
- Students make decisions
- Students do research
- Challenge the kids
- Problem solving
- Higher order thinking –HOT
- Discovery & Inquiry
- Student does the work and they discovery through inquiry
- Cross disciplines
- Greater student autonomy…not cookie cutter
- They are not led, as they come to their own conclusions.
- Curve ball….. Throw on a “what if”, make it real world, this changes directions in thought…This is big, as it shifts the PBL to make them apply thinking skills.
- The process is complex and usually has multiple skills.
|Our Work for now…
- A leadership team member works with each teacher
- Everyone continues to work in PLCs on Matrix- begin to use the MATRIX 2.0 w/ DOK 4 template
- DOK 4- develop high quality PBLs -w/ criteria– Performance Task / PRODUCT
- PEER REVIEW– Be able to respond to one another’s questions & Model the work!
- Encourage one another, ask questions- We all have good ideas- so listen and guide.
- By our Thursday, MARCH 20th Edwards Meeting we all need to be ready to bring our new matrix 2.0 W/Product & student work!
Template – https://vhsteams.wordpress.com
Mastery Matrix 2 TEMPLATE