Depth Of Knowledge Levels
- DOK 1: Recall–Remember their developmental level
- DOK 2: Multiple steps, one answer, cognitive decision
- DOK 3: Justify, some collaboration, abstract, real world, interdisciplinary, more than one answer, multiple approaches
- DOK 4:
- Performance tasks are Key in the higher order DOK 3-4
- DOK 4 is “real world application” (application is a skill)
- The nature of a DOK 4 activity calls for a PBL -project based learning
- Take more time
- Product is important and different
- Teacher is facilitator…roles change as the student does the work
- Students make decisions
- Students do research
- Challenge the kids
- Problem solving
- Higher order thinking –HOT
- Discovery & Inquiry
- Student does the work and they discovery through inquiry
- Cross disciplines
- Greater student autonomy…not cookie cutter
- They are not led, as they come to their own conclusions.
- Curve ball….. Throw on a “what if”, make it real world, this changes directions in thought…This is big, as it shifts the PBL to make them
Do not confine a student’s way to show mastery
Thursday, January 3, 2019
Review recurring points
- Where are we with PALS?
- Where are we with Benchmarks?
- DOK Levels
- Always bring Data!
- What did you bring to share?
- What is MASTERY?
- Seven Essentials for a PBL Article distributed
- How to implement 7 essentials into lessons
- Define entry event
- Examples of entry events
- Show in lessons
- Student data
- Launch entry event approach to lessons
- Define PBL
- Define DOK
- Determine School side PBL topic
- Determine how each class can do PBL/contribute
- Map out time frame for PBL
West Virginia Student Success Standards
Original WVDE link: